Leo van Hee, EYE Filmmuseum
Frank Kessler, Utrecht University, the Netherlands
Patricia Pisters, University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Dan Streible, New York University, United States
Nanna Verhoeff, Utrecht University, the Netherlands
Framing Film is a book series dedicated to theoretical and analytical studies in restoration, collection, archival, and exhibition practices in line with the existing archive of EYE Filmmuseum. With this series, Amsterdam University Press and EYE aim to support the academic research community, as well as practitioners in archive and restoration.
"I ... applaud this [series'] effort, because for me the construction of film history has always been a complex matrix of social forces, academic research interest, and archival ability. Just as research queries by film scholars lead to films being prioritized for preservation and restoration, preservation initiatives in the archives also lead to an opening up of new film historical terrain." — Jan-Christpher Horak, UCLA Film & Television Archive
- Richard Abel, University of Michigan, United States
- Jane Gaines, Columbia University, United States
- Tom Gunning, University of Chicago, United States
- Vinzenz Hediger, Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany
- Martin Koerber, Deutsche Kinemathek, Germany
- Ann-Sophie Lehmann, Utrecht University, the Netherlands
- Charles Musser, Yale University, United States
- Julia Noordegraaf, University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- William Uricchio, Massachusetts Institute of Technologu, United States
- Linda Williams, University of California at Berkeley, United States
The series welcomes scholarly monographs and edited volumes in English by both established and early-career researchers.
Proposals for should kindly follow the standard AUP Proposal format and should also include the envisaged table of contents or overview of the volume and abstracts of the proposed chapters or articles.
For questions or to submit a proposal, contact Maryse Elliott (Commissioning Editor Media & Communication) via firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Download the Series Information Leaflet|